Monday, November 27, 2006

another completed quilt



It's finished! I completed the binding last night...and quilt #13 for the year is done! I usually get the hand finishing done in a few days, it being one of my favorite parts of the quilting process, but I kept getting side tracked by my crochet project. I am finding that crocheting is very relaxing, and tedious, which I seem to love for some reason. My 3 year old took the picture of the quilt. Not too bad, eh?

This quilt is going to be shipped to Dawn, a friend of mine in MN. Her and I worked together for many years, we stamped cards together, went to church together, and so much more. We have known each other for 13 years! (yikes, time flies) Anyway, I am sending it off soon. This Thurs. marks one year since our mutual friend Kristin's death. Kristin fought breast cancer, leukemia, another round of breast cancer and bone cancer. She struggled for over 4 years...my friend Dawn was with Kristin when she passed away, and I am sure that this week is going to be tough on Dawn. So I am attempting to send some cheer and long distance hugs in the mail. Also will be whipping up a few hand made cards to send along with the quilt....since that is what tied the 3 of us together: stamping. (And of course, the trials of the workplace.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your quilts! I am a quilter from NH and a new blogger too. I love getting inspiration from all these creative women on the web. Happy Quilting!

Linda said...

What a sweet gesture, I'm sure Dawn will love it! It is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I really love the colors in this quilt! It turned out gorgeous. KC Quilter

notasecretagent said...

I followed the trail from Anna's blog here, and I had to say that your quilt is beautiful. I'm insanely jealous of people who know how to quilt, especially with red. ;)