Thursday, November 09, 2006

plain spoken purse

Inspired by the Plain Spoken quilt in this fabulous book, I thought I would see what it would look like in purse form. My husband says it looks granola(earthy) or very 70's. He also said he wouldn't carry it...for which I am very thankful! (he's funny, that guy!) I really like how the purse turned out. I am glad that I finally got around to making this since the idea had been rattling around in my head for several days. And it will match my brown courdruy winter jacket quite nicely. :0)


The other side of the purse.


Detail of the stitching.

I made this for the craft show I am doing in one week. I can't wait until the show is over so I can sew for fun again. I have also been making quilted baby bibs, place mats, more bags and quilts (for the show and for a very special friend that I will be seeing soon...hopefully). It has been quilting madness around here for the past several weeks. Fun, but I am ready to be able to quilt leisurely again. Or sit around and read all day. That would be lovely!

3 comments:

Anna Maria Parry said...

Hi Amanda Jean!!
I still have not found that tutorial on the stack and whack method...I have googled, blog searched, etc. Uggh! I don't know how I even came across it to begin with!
I will of course send along if I stumble across it. Love that bag you made!! Its really beautiful!!!
xo,Anna Maria

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish you luck with the craft show on Saturday. I'm sure it will be a great experience!

Linda said...

Just wondered how the show went!? I also wanted to let youknow that I put up my own blog here. www.themerrychurchmouse.blogspot.com