Friday, November 03, 2006


This quilt was made for my neighbor/friend's daughter, Katherine. She was born Nov. 1, 2005. I finished this quilt last Saturday. Did I mention that this is a baby gift? I once read that it is acceptable to give baby gifts until the baby turns a year old. Just under the wire. I guess it is a good thing that I could hand deliver it...who knows how long it would have taken me to ship it!

This quilt is made of flannel and chenille. It is so soft and warm. I embroidered Katherine's name in one of the blocks. (I would post a close up picture, but I am so new at this that I can't figure out how to post multiple photos in one post and have it look good....I am so technically challenged.) Anyway, I got to give Katherine her quilt last Saturday, and quilt #12 for the year is finished. Another Work In Progress to cross off the list. Hurray!

1 comment:

Assembly of God Worship Team said...

How do you do it? That looks remarkable. I would die for a quilt like that to snuggle up in with my wife. She's a quilter too. Seems I can't get her away from her new Juki. She turns out some nice stuff, but we rarely spend time together using it. :) Keep up the good work!