Wednesday, February 28, 2007

corner of my home

This is a little shelf I made several years ago.

(I am not only a quilter, I also do a bit of woodworking.)
(I had more power tools than my husband when we got married.)
This shelf was in the boys' room in our last house.
I added a fresh coat of white paint.
I added the knobs (target clearance-from many years ago).
Now it hangs in little A's room.
And this is what it normally looks like.

Fiona (the cat) and Milly (the bear) look right at home up there, don't you think?
The weather is finally warming up, and I am anxious to do some woodworking projects soon.

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

I'm with ya there sister!! Can't wait to get outside and work. I mostly miss spray painting during the winter. Isn't that dumb! I have a couple thrifted picture frames I want to pain, but it is sooo much easier to spray paint them. So, I am patiently waiting for Spring. Unfortunately we have another round of snow headed our way.

Amy Jo said...

How come I haven't seen this before?? VERY cute! I heart Target Clearance!! See you next week!!!

sulu-design said...

What a sweet shelf. And please don't tell me that you made the stuffed animals that are on the shelf, too. I don't know if I could handle all of that talent in one mommy!

Linda said...

Your shelf is adorable! More snow headed our way, too. Darn snowblower tires are flat, too. Grrr... I'm hoping to actually get something accomplished inside this weekend. I can't wait for spring, either. I am thinking about what I want to plant in my back yard this year. Thinking about starting in on that as it is yet unlandscaped. I think my front yard is about done, with the minor exception of a few plants that may need replaced and whatever I put in pots this year. It has taken me 3 years to get the front presentable, now it is time for the back.

Clair said...

I like Fiona and Milly. It almost makes me want to decorate my house. ALMOST.

syko kajsa said...

I love that shelf! And those stuffies are so cute!

*~hj~* said...

Milly is so cute!