Tuesday, May 15, 2007

patchwork obsession: part eight


So this pillow has been floating around the house (it never got put away last winter)....and what could be better for it than a patchwork pillow cover?

I made a quilt rectangle, quilted it, and then added an envelope back. It was my first attempt at the envelope back and it made me wonder why I have waited so long to try it. It's wonderful-there is no hand stitching at the end! And when it gets dirty, I can just pop the cover into the wash.

My kids love that they can stick their hand in the back.
It's the little things that count. Really.

11 comments:

Roxanne said...

I have that same exact pillow!! Day after Christmas clearance at Target several years ago I think! I also LOVE envelope style pillows...so easy. Thats all I make now because I am lazy and hate hand stitching. Love the pink quilted version!! What a great idea!

LeeAnn said...

I know what you mean about the envelope back. I tried my first one a few months ago. Seriously, what were we waiting for?

Anina said...

I always make envelope backs, although lately I've been considering reversible pillows which would call for something nicer like buttons or ties.
Of course I love the pillow 'cause it's pink!

Amy Jo said...

Very cool - you'll have to show me how to do that....I love pillows, but hate that I can't change them. What's the back look like?
Love it!

Linda said...

Envelope backs are nice. Very handy for washing. I really like your pink pillow. I've been thinking about pulling out my scrap bin and beginning to sort it....

Mama Urchin said...

You're not kidding you have an obsession, but such a pretty one.

Anonymous said...

oh it's just perfect!
Since I've had the kids, I've decided to only purchase pillow covers that I can take off and wash easily. So just love the envelope back!

sulu-design said...

I love the patchwork series!!! Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

cute! my kids like sticking their hands in envelope backs, too!

Linda said...

Hey Amanda, just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and your comment on my blog last night. Hope things go well for you!

Clair said...

What a cute pink pillow. Did you know June 23 is National Pink Day?