Thursday, May 24, 2007

procrastination


Last evening when I was supposed to be making my moving sale signs (the sale is tomorrow) I decided I just had to paint this chair. I neglected to take a before shot, which is a shame, because it was really bad. (imagine faded hunter green with white paint splatters) I used a few cans of Krylon Fusion spray paint that my neighbor gave me (he works at Sherwin Williams). That spray paint works very well. Ask Roxy or Amy Jo. My husband gave me a hard time because I was re-doing his 10 year old chair that cost him $5. But it was a free make over.
Now all I need to make is one of these (scroll to the bottom of the post) and then I should be all set for my sale. Oh, and I have to set things up, too. And finish those signs. But a cute apron is more important than all of that, right?

10 comments:

Roxanne said...

Hey, that looks like a brand new chair!! Isn't that paint fantastic? LOVE the yard sale apron, you must have one! It would increase your sales ten-fold, I'm sure of it! Good luck with the sale! Wish I could be there to help. Ah, who am I kidding, I wish I could be there to shop!! :)

Clair said...

hope you have a good sale.

Anina said...

I have 6 green, all-kinds-of-stuff splattered chairs if you want to come paint them. I think I'll just give them away for free at our next yard sale. Good luck with yours!

Anonymous said...

I'm SURE you have time to do an apron!!

lera said...

Oh, an apron is a definite must!

Anonymous said...

You definitely need a cute apron to hold all the money you are going to make with the sale :)

Good luck! I hope it's a great success.

sulu-design said...

A yard sale apron! That's not procrastination - it's a necessity! Good luck with the sale. At least one thing will be checked off your list after this weekend.

beki said...

So the paint works? I have a seriously neglected set of hunter green furniture with paint splatters that need a makeover. It's been on my brain for days.

LeeAnn said...

I wondered how that paint worked. I have a few plastic pieces that could use a good spruce up!

You need to be organized for a moving sale, so a task apron is exactly what the doctored ordered.

Anonymous said...

the apron took me very little time - and it's worth it!
good luck with the sale!