Saturday, December 29, 2007

sprucing up the house, part 4

Up until 2 days ago, my front window looked like this....(I'm not into the lace valances....)
so I sewed up some little panels and now I have some updated (and a bit loud, according to my husband) curtains.

here is a night time shot...
(do you have any idea how hard it is to photograph windows?)
This fabric is the perfect choice, since my walls are currently light blue and will eventually be a shade of red. The fabric is bangle dots by Alexander Henry. I love it.

I finished these curtains up an hour before my company arrived on Friday night. Gotta love a deadline!

I think this is the end of the sprucing up the house posts, at least for now. Thanks for all your kind comments. It's been fun to share it will all of you.

16 comments:

Beth H said...

Oh, I have that fabric too! I love it too. Kind of reminds me of old time jelly candies with the hard shell or extra colorful Good N Plenty. Either way it's a great sprucing fabric!

crunchy peas said...

Gotta love those clip on curtain rings huh? Makes it so fast and easy! Nice work.

Roxanne said...

Nice work! I love that fabric. Maybe that's what I need - deadlines! :)

Anonymous said...

I must do curtains in my study...

Anonymous said...

a Merry New Year!!! can't wait to get to know you better in 2008... Take care!

My Happy Turtle said...

Wow! Look at you right back on the craft-wagon so soon after the holiday! Nice curtains - I love the dots fabric.

Anonymous said...

these are great. I am thinking about cafe curtains for the front of our house in the living and dining rooms. I love your quilts, especially the white and orange one below. I wish I knew how.

Anina said...

Those are great and will look wonderful with red walls.

Anonymous said...

I adore that fabric! I saw it at the fabric store the other day and immediately told my mother "My next quilt WILL include this fabric!" Haha. Also, since this is my first comment, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog. It's very inspiring. I'm 19 and I just got my first sewing machine for Christmas (before I had been using my mom's) and I already have tons of fabulous ideas of what to make with it thanks to your blog. :)

P. S.- Sorry I wrote a novel.

Philigry said...

i love those curtains, and the quilt you made is georgous too! it will make a great wall handing!

Shelli said...

LOVE the curtains! I have a similar fabric, which MUST make it into the quilt-a-long!

Nice job, and a faboo shift from the lace, indeed.

house on hill road said...

windows are hard to photograph - i've tried! love the fabric you chose!

Amy Jo said...

Love the fabric - and it looks great!

Chara Michele said...

Love the new curtains!

sulu-design said...

These are adorable! I'm totally in agreement with your choice to bag the lace and go with a bold (not loud, Kevin... bold) print. Your home is really shaping up.

Jocelyn said...

I made an apron out of that fabric. It is so fun.